Remember way back when, shortly after I started this project, I created some interesting backgrounds? Me too. So I made another one, just for you…
I thought this one looked like a cave painting. Or a moldy wall.
Actually, this started out as a fabric dye project:
Unfortunately, the dye project didn’t turn out the way I’d expected. I wet the fabric and put the dye powder directly on the wet fabric, rather than dilute the powder in hot water, then put the fabric in the dye bath, like the directions instruct. Not all of the powder dissolved, and the dye left the fabric very stiff, almost like it was covered in wax. I will have to play with this some more when I have some time. I’d like to control the dyes a little better. This was the second piece of fabric:
Yeah. Not as exciting as the first piece. Still, I like it.
Next, I get to try to make the color fast, so I can use it in something that may end up getting washed.
Well, hopefully, I’ll have more for you tomorrow.