Before anyone jumps on me for that headline, I realize that most federal employees are going to be seriously hurt by this nonsense. And if it goes on for very long, even we will be hurt by it. But today, I choose to embrace this time with joy and creativity, rather than fear and anger. How? I’m ignoring the news, for the most part, as well as inflammatory social media.
I have decided that every day I will do something to support/heal/bring joy to my body, my mind, and my spirit.
So, how did I spend Day 1 of this furlough? I:
- walked my 3 dogs for 2 miles with my Spousal Unit in the morning
- took some photos while walking the dogs
- took a long nap in the afternoon
- went grocery shopping with Spousal Unit
- learned how to record with the DVR last night
- recorded Episode 2 of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- watched the new NCIS episode (Ziva’s final episode)
Day 2 so far:
- walked the dogs 2 miles
- set up my sister-in-law’s book for the 2nd edition release (I designed/created the cover art, and designed the interior layout for both editions)
- listened to lovely, relaxing music
- made art
- ate dinner with the family
Still to do today:
- fold laundry
- watch last night’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode
- get a good night’s sleep
All of which is doable and (except for the laundry part) relaxing and enjoyable.
Still on my list, depending on how long the furlough lasts:
- finish about a zillion Christmas presents (OK, maybe a dozen or so)
- write/publish another book on creativity
- finish the first draft of at least one of my WIP novels
Here is a piece of art I made today:
Oh, and I also took some photos this morning while walking the dogs. Almost forgot about that!
So, that’s the plan. Did I mention that I got seasons 1 & 2 of Game of Thrones recently? Also high on my todo list is watching those DVDs… 🙂