The end of the first month of 2016 is here already, and I’ve made a bunch more art this month than I have all last year. And that, my friends, is what this project is all about! Some of what I’ve posted was made on a previous day from the day it was posted, and that’s okay. I’d prefer to do it that way, rather than post everything I make on a single day, then not post anything else all week. Life does get busy, and some days, it just seems like yet another chore to make even a quick piece.
Yesterday, while playing with Apophysis 7X, I came across some tutorials and “base” flames. I played with several of these, and I’ll eventually post most of those efforts. For now, I wanted to show you my favorite one from yesterday’s efforts.
This was based on a Grand Julian flame, but I love how this came out! I’ve never made anything quite like it, and was thrilled to see this appear as if by magic.
If you’re interested, here’s a link to the blog where I found the base flames.
More to come later in the week…